Wednesday, September 11, 2013

After 5 years, I'm back @ Cebu's highest peak: Osmeña Peak

I cannot recall the reason how we got to know these guys during our first climb at Osmeña, nor can I remember most of them but it was a great experience.

We had a different route then.  From Brgy Basak of Badian, we traversed for 6 hours and reached the peak on late afternoon.  Without setting the tent yet, I got these great shots.



Now 5 years after (never thought it was that long), my officemates had planned an idea of traversing from Osmena Peak to Kawasan falls then an overnight stay at my hometown, Moalboal.  None of us were familiar of the route so I asked another officemate whom I knew had some great climbs and maybe he could still recall the direction/s.  To my surprise he was more than willing to go with us on that date.

Most plans don't really pan out.  Of the 19 interested heads, only 10 were able to actually bring their bodies along with their heads at the planned meeting place.  Anyway, we rode a van @ Citilink then a habal2x from Dalaguete Poblacion to Mantalongon market.  There we had out lunch and bought some stuffs for the night.

It was an hour and half trek from Mantalongon market to the well-known peak.  Some of us were already tired but as soon as we arrived at the campsite all those were replaced with a great feeling of relief and unexplained happiness.  Again I had my pictures taken at the peak... After 5 long years, I was there again standing high above everyone else in the island of Cebu.




No comments:

Post a Comment