Monday, October 15, 2012

Saturday LSD: Talisay City Hall - Lutopan

Another 1st for my KAI sandal (31.63KM from dailymile.com).

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 







It was supposedly a 52K road/trail LSD organized by our CUC president but I opted not to join the trail part of the planned route since it would be the farthest distance that I’d be running on KAI.  The run taught me a lot about long distance running on sandals.  Aside from hearing stories from Miyox, a TNF 100 finisher who shared his own experiences about barefoot/minimalist running, I also have many realizations from my 1st hand experience.  Realizations that would be very helpful in my preparations for the 100K run this coming November. 

Here’s what I’ve found out from this LSD:

Talisay City Hall - 10K:
-          I can run with my Camelbak bag on with ease as long as it’s not that full.
-          If you’re already tired, you’ll have the tendency of dragging your foot instead of lifting them and this increase the chances of scraping your foot with the ground  (from Meyux)
-          Getting your foot wet can cause blisters (from MEyUx who’s very fond of wetting his feet).  What if it will rain on the actual run?
-          The KAI head skirt is very useful.
-          One should hydrate earlier during the morning run.

10K – 20K:
-          My foot was painful during long walks.  It was better to run slowly than walk.
-          I tried another way of walking which was very effective (have you observed how LeBrOn walks)

20K – 30K:
-        The sun was up and I'm thankful that my wife bought a pair of sunglasses for me
-          Better run the hills that walk them.
-          If I want to rest, I should stop running instead of walking fast pace.

Lutopan:
-          I have a tendency of eating so much after a long run.
-          Tendency of drinking too much soft drinks.
-          BAGA NA KAAYO AKO KUBAL SA FOREFOOT which is a good thing though.
-          Foot spa is definitely not good for barefoot runners.

 (courtesy of Toni Galon, 12 untramen + 2 ultrawomen with John D.)
I have identified some key points where I can control/improve so hopefully this coming October 28 (Ultra Hamster Run) I could effectively apply these changes and finish stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment