Friday, July 19, 2013

1st Olango Island Eco-Adventure Ultramarathon

I joined last July 6's 50K ultramarathon with 2 of my colleagues as our final LSD for CUC 100K 3rd Leg on July 27th.  What was supposedly an LSD became very challenging for me to even finish.  Maybe because I did not have proper long distance runs prior to the event.  Or maybe because I was forcefully pacing with my colleagues which I was not used to. 
  Toto, Henry and Me


There was a point in the race that I had spurts of good feeling then suddenly felt so tired that I even second-guessed to join Leg 3 or not.  I definitely knew that  I was going to finish the race, but the idea of feeling so burned out was my main concern.  The long walk breaks did its tool on me again like what happened in Siquijor but this time I was to catch up with my friends.  Coming 3rd Leg, I will focus of running my own pace even if it means that I will have to run alone.  I can now attest that it is better to have a full stop instead of walking, it works for me best. 



Meters before the finish line with Henry and the Mayor of Tabuelan, Cebu
The best part of the race was the bonding time with officemates.  Two of our colleagues where from the island.  They prepared a very delectable lunch of sea foods and buko.  Swimming at the port added a very nice cool down recovery.  Unlimited “sa-ang”!!! It was the first time that I quitted eating saang which by the was one of my favorite.
With Bossing Serge and Counselor Richard with former Lear employees


I finished 7:29:00 which shows that it was not an easy run for me.  So Am I ready for my 2nd century run?
No, not really but I will finish this one for the love of running, I will just make it sure that I will enjoy every bit of it.



No comments:

Post a Comment