Monday, April 22, 2013

Cebu City Marathon 2013

I 'll try to remember as much as I can since it's now more than 3 months since my fastest marathon to date, plus it was on my running sandal.  I was hesitant at first because I have never used that sandal over 30K even in practice runs.  The idea was to listen to my body and follow a comfortable pace.


I also planned to do negative split, so on my first half I wasn't thinking of how I fare with other runners.  Most of them I know were faster than me anyway.  But as I approached the last 15K of the course, I just felt that I might break the 5-hour mark for the first time.  And since i wasn't feeling tired, i even increased my pace and was amazed to overtook many of the faster runners from previous marathons that i have joined.

Nearing the finish line, i was not thinking anymore of the time as long as i knew that it was a sub-5.  Sporting another trademark weird haircut, i was easily noticed by my colleagues who took a picture of me reaching the finish line... 4:37:12 PR...




I felt I had a strong run and was even able to have a jumpshot like this one below:



When I saw my wife, we then went near the stage hoping to win some raffles prizes being drawn.  The host called out for one male and one female to dance the infamous "Gangnam Style" song, i then pulled my wife without hesitation and to make this story short, we won two gas burners from Pryce Gas.  It was a good day for a Marathon PR and it was even a better ending to have won that prize.



Me with Rina (she also had her 1st 21K run).



No comments:

Post a Comment