Saturday, November 13, 2010

30KM Test Run

We did a test run with race organizer, Jonel Mendoza, today from Brgy. Kansomoroy, Balamban to Cebu City today but I had to stop at KM12 just after Mt. View Park for personal reason.  :-)

The last time I ran 35K, which included the very long and steep downhill course (near Mt. View Park) last October, I had to rest my knees for almost a week.  I don't want that to happen again so I rode the 1st jeepney that's coming down instead.  After 100 meters or so, Jonel also decided to call it "done" and rode the same jeepney I was riding.

It was a very tiring but fulfilling run.  Tiring because our first 6K was almost an infinite uphill.  It took us 1:20 to get to KM 33 where Mr. Jonel offered a free GOTO that was so yummy.  I cannot refuse his offer because honestly I didn't eat for breakfast and I was planning anyway of eating something, somewhere, anytime soon.  It was also fulfilling because I was able to experienced running in the so called "Dreaded 6K Uphill". 

I think I can perform better during the actual race after gaining more confidence during the today's test run.

Tomorrow is going to be my last long run before tapering for the last two weeks prior to the rest day.

Good luck to all participants.  See you at the finish line!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment