Monday, November 1, 2010

New 21K PR

....2:04:15....





I wasn't expecting a good finish in this race after I failed to complete my pre-race stretching routine.  I was just starting when the gun-start sounded.  I was afraid I might have muscle cramps in the middle of the race.

I was already catching my breath when nearing the exit of Cebu Memorial Park, and when I checked my "improvised" watch  :-) I've been running for 25 minutes already so I immediately stopped to take my walk break.  BTW, I am practicing a "20min-2min Run/Walk" method. 

I hit the turning point at 1:02:00 and ate my first "cloud 9" mini pack.  I brought 2 of them.  :-) "power bar na pang MASA" as I call it.  Some water stations has no water left, only Powerade energy drink.  I don't know if its a good thing or not but I'd prefer both in every water station or else they might want to change that to Powerade Station.

I was able to execute my "Last Kick" in this race. (see below)  (Last Kick - My own top speed for 200 meters or so).



All in all I could say that the race was a well-organized one and I am very  happy to beat my old PR.

2 comments:

  1. clap! clap! clap!

    sayang wa ta nagkita bro. paspas man gud ka kaayp. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks bai... BTW, i asked Dr. Junia if asa ka then timing sad wala ka ato na time. Anyway, daghan pa fun runs.. hehehe

    Munas ginhawa na sad to nako bai, bitaw enjoy lang gud sa beauty sa Cebu while running.

    ReplyDelete