Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Result: FBS and Lipid Panel + Creatinine Test

I had my Fasting Blood Sugar and Lipid Panel + Creatinine test done last May 1.  I have all the results within the range except for the Creatinine test which was on the borderline.  I was worried since I did not know at that time what it means.  Prior to the testing, I had 10 hours of solid and liquid fasting.

 
I did some researching since our company doctor wasn't around to explain the results.  I was very happy to know that the very low concentration of creatine that I got simply means that I have a very healthy kidneys.  Creatinine is filtered out of the body by the kidneys.  If the filtering of the kidney is deficient, creatinine level reises.  Another test that would have confirmed that my kidneys are good is to measure creatine from my urine.  In this case I would wish a higher creatinine level which would mean that my kidneys are flushing out the toxic creatinine.




No comments:

Post a Comment